Sunday, August 5, 2012

Older But Not Always Wiser

My 53rd birthday was looming very large on the horizon. I had no plans and was not expecting any guests until,,,,,,,,,

My very dear and long time friend Tammy called me. She and her fiance were heading home from a bike rally near Pittsburgh and were going to make a 2 hour (???? am I worth it ???) detour to spend my birthday night with me.

Tammy and I go back several years, the exact number to be with-held so that no one knows our real ages.

I had picked up a small cake to celebrate my birthday with. Since I did not have candles Tammy improvised. Each of the pillar candles represents a decade in my life.


The matches I am blowing out represent the extra years.


And of course like everyone else Tammy just LOVED Morgan. He is such the ladies man.


At some point after the cake Tammy asked me about the last time I had done a shot of chilled Cuervo Gold. That was not a good question and I quickly found the bottle of Cuervo Gold and chilled a couple of shots.


Getting ready to do the shots,,

The "Post Shot:" happy dance.


I love my friends and really enjoy their visits even if it means I am a bit slow the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment