Thursday, August 23, 2012

Girl's Weekend

A few years ago I started a tradition with my daughter where we would have "Girl's Weekends". We would meet somewhere and have a fun time. I think this started back in 2005 or 2006. We've missed one year since we started.

This year she came to visit me here in the mountains. She arrived very tired on Friday night. We had tacos for dinner and went to bed fairly early.

On Saturday morning we had a nice breakfast and then went shopping for baby clothes. The weekend before Patricia arrived she had a two dimensional ultrasound which showed that she would have a girl.

We went to a few different stores and there were just soooooo many cute outfits,

It was very hard to restrain ourselves and not buy too much.

On Sunday after another nice breakfast we went for a walk/hike on the mountain. My pregnant daughter looked great at 16 weeks. I am so happy for her and excited about being a grandmother in January.

While we were out we saw this tree. I have no idea why anyone would cut 2 almost perfectly rectangular holes in a tree trunk.

Further examination reveled another hole on the back side.

Later on Sunday we had Patricia's grandparents for dinner. During cocktails Patricia was relaxing on the sofa.

Her grandmother was looking good as always.

After dinner Patricia and her grandfather were joking around.

I got this photo taken of 3 generations of women, soon to be four. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment