Sunday, August 5, 2012

Christmas In July

Every July we host a Christmas in July party. This was our Fourth Annual Christmas in July.

I started all the prep the Wednesday before. One of the last things I did was to make the Peppermint Brownie Torte.

As the guests arrived I took photos.

Here is my former mother in-law, her husband and Betty Christopher.

Here is Bill Schmitt, Don Platt and my former mother in-law, Bunny.


Nan Sher, Suzanne Schmitt and Joe Knipper. Suzanne wins first place for actually wearing a Christmas shirt.

Part of the dinner buffet: Sweet potatoes, squash & onion casserole and pearl onions in cream sauce.

More of the dinner buffet: green bean casserole; cranberry sauce and dressing with Portabella mushrooms and sausage.

My neighbor Bill Schmitt brought his electric carving knife and did a wonderful job on the turkey.

Beautifully carved meat.

Honorable mention goes to Bill Schmitt for his Santa Merry Christmas pin and to Kit who wore a HOx3 pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment