Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pork Chops With Red Cabbage

The other night as I was posting all those meals on Facebook I was thinking about this one. Seasoned pork chops, browned in bacon grease, and then simmered with red cabbage and bacon pieces.

So,,,,I took a package of boneless pork chops of out the freezer and once they were thawed I covered them with a dry rub and let them sit, covered, in the fridge all day.

I went upstairs and found a jar of red cabbage that I had made over the summer.

I took some bacon out of the fridge,,I used 3 whole slices for the 3 pork chops. I cut the bacon in half before I freeze it so it looks like a lot more than 3 slices.

The bacon got chopped up and put in a frying pan to render out the grease. I had to add about 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the bacon grease.

Once the bacon was crispy, I took it out with a slotted spoon and set it aside to cool. I browned the pork chops on both sides in the bacon/olive oil mixture.

When the pork chops were nicely browned I removed them from the pan and poured off the grease. Then the pork went back into the pan and I added 1/2 of a pint jar of homemade red cabbage (you can use store bought), and then I topped it with the bacon bits. I lowered the heat and covered it to simmer for a few minutes while the broccoli cooked.

The end product with some broccoli and a glass of wine, YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment