Monday, October 1, 2012

Last Supper, First Supper and Brunch

This is sort of three posts in one.

My summertime neighbor and good friend Nan was getting ready to leave for the winter so she invited my kids and I over. It is truly a good friend who will let you bring all 3 of your dogs over.

Nan had me pose with her Pug Bucky and Morgan. NO, I am not fat I am wearing a pair of Richard's sweat pants because I don't have any and it was chilly out.

Then she thought we should get all the dogs involved. I have no idea what Kele is looking at nor why Lili looks like she is in trouble.

For our last supper together for this year Nan made a doctored up frozen pizza and a wonderful salad.

A few days later she was gone but her winter tenant moved in. I invited Joshua over for dinner. I made Emeril's Chicken Pot Pie. This time I used my crust recipe so it didn't fall apart. The recipe for the pie can be found somewhere in one of my older posts.

Josh enjoyed a glass of wine while I finished getting dinner together.

Time to eat. I also made some cheddar garlic drop biscuits from a mix I can only find at my local Merita Bread Outlet Store.

The very next day I had my ex-husband Bill and his girlfriend Rhonda over for Brunch. I made a praline topped French Toast casserole, Rhonda brought the champagne for mimosa and Bill brought his Bloody Marys.

After brunch we got talking about moonshine. Here is the only picture from that day, Bill is getting ready to try a sip of 'shine. And no he did not go blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment