Saturday, May 22, 2010

Where's the Warm Weather?

I must admit that after such a long, cold and incredibly snowy winter I am very anxious for long, sunny and warm days. What we have been getting is a series of cool, rainy days.

Now on the bright side I have not had to water my garden plants in the last week, on the down side they are not getting as much sun as I would like them to right now.

But the days are getting longer. Today sunrise was at 6:15 and sunset will be at 8:32. I slept through the sunrise due to overcast skies and drizzle.

The rhododendrons are in full bloom, well certain varieties, the one by the front door will not bloom for a few weeks yet. Almost all the leaves are out on the trees and the weeds have taken off.

The picture of the house below was taken one day after work when the rain had stopped and the clouds were breaking up.



This is our spring house, water comes out from here that feeds the large pond.



So as Mother Nature rewards us in many ways for the hell she put us through this winter I enjoy all the pleasures and gently remind myself that rain is a whole lot better than the almost 11 feet of snow that fell only a few short months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment