Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crispy Flounder

Once again I went freezer diving, this time I came out with some flounder fillets. I got this recipe out of "The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook", the same one I used for the Ratatouille. I know I have used this book several times but it just happened to be still sitting on the kitchen counter, how convenient.

CRISPY FLOUNDER

1 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 tblsp fresh chopped parsley, optional
3/4 tsp salt
4 flounder or sole fillets (4 ounces each)
2 tblsp butter or margarine

On waxed paper combine breadcrumbs, parsley and salt**. Use crumb mixture to coat fish fillets, patting crumbs to cover.

In a 12-inch skillet, melt 1 tblsp of the butter over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2 fillets and cook until just opaque throughout and golden, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter to keep warm. With paper towels wipe skillet clean and then melt remaining butter and cook the other 2 fillets.

Changes: I used 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Panko and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.

** Instead of using a plate or wax paper I buy plain, gallon size food storage bags, the kind that you need a twist tie for. No dishes to wash and it contains the breadcrumbs or flour better.

No comments:

Post a Comment