Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Weekend

Four days after my son left two very good friends of mine rolled in from Jacksonville, FL. I have known Leslie and Shri for at least 12 years,,maybe a bit longer.

On New Year's Eve we got a slow start to the day as the ladies did not arrive until about 1:30 in the morning. After breakfast and coffee we talked for awhile and then headed out for lunch. We ate at a local Mexican place that has great food. Since Leslie's birthday is January 6th we had an early celebration. Look carefully and you can see the blue edging on the cake, its behind the margarita.


Here are Shri and Leslie at lunch,


and Richard and I.


After lunch we bundled up and Shri, Leslie, Lili, Kele, Morgan and I headed out for a long walk. Leslie found lots of photo ops.


After we got home and thawed out I put Leslie to work in the kitchen working on our New Year's Eve dessert. She enjoyed licking the spatula.


New Year's Day after Richard and I got up Kele and Morgan went back to bed. I guess staying up until just after midnight was too much for the young ones.


For dinner on New Year's Day we had a Cesar salad and Garlic Shrimp with Grits. It is one of our favorite meals.


After another long walk and a hearty meal Shri and Leslie relaxed on the sofa.


Before they left on the 2nd I got a group photo of us. We had a great time and are looking forward to their next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment