Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How I Spent My Weekend,

So, as I posted on Facebook it was supposed to be a nice quiet weekend. It did not turn out entirely as I had planned but that is okay.

On Saturday I made Coq Au Vin out of the Julia Child Cookbook, that will be its own post. Then we drove over to Winston-Salem, looked at a dog, looked at a few motorcycles as Richard is thinking of buying one, then popped into Sam's Club for a few items before racing home to drop the "kids" off and then headed up to a neighbor's house for dinner. We had a great time with our friends and got home just after 12:30 am.

I had to post this photo of my Gerbera Daisy. During the middle of the winter I thought for sure this plant was going to die on me. But as you can see it has 2 beautiful blooms and one more just starting to come up,,,whew.



We had some rain on Saturday and it was raining when Richard got up on Sunday, he let me sleep late then woke me up when he hollered that it was snowing. I am so ready for there to be no more snow until much later in the year.



While I was still sleeping my sweetheart built a fire for us. At lunch time I made some Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, roasted red peppers, minced garlic and basil. It was the perfect light lunch while enjoying the fire.



After lunch while Richard was napping (standard weekend activity) I made a pound cake with a 13 oz jar of Nutella in it. The damn thing would not come out of the pan. It also turned out that all the Nutella sank to the very bottom of the pan while it was baking. This was NOT AT ALL like the picture with the recipe. I still took it in to work and my co-workers agreed that looks are not everything as this tastes wonderful.



And as usual my weekend ending too quickly but on Monday morning the view out the front porch was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment