Friday, June 11, 2010

Sioux Falls, June 3-7, 2010

I had the opportunity to head out to Sioux Falls, South Dakota for a weekend with my mother.

My first full day there we headed over to the annual "Rib Fest". There were about 8 vendors all of whom had won many competitions. We bought our lunch from this vendor.



The one to the left of the Aussie vendor has won first and second place at contests in St. Augustine, FL. I don't remember things like this going on down there.



Everyday, sometimes twice, we would drive out to the stable where her adopted horse Kona is kept. We would give him treats.



My last day there we went to Sioux Falls Park. It is a lovely place in the early summer.



I would imagine in the spring when all the snow melts the falls really run fast.



Maybe one day I will be able to go back for another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment