Saturday, March 3, 2012

Turkey Biscuit Stew

While freezer diving and looking for something for dinner I saw some leftover frozen turkey. I promptly pulled it out and grabbed my Taste of Home Casserole book. (see July of 2011 f0r a picture)

After I looked at several turkey recipes I found this one. We both loved it and it was so easy.


Turkey Biscuit Stew


1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 can (10- 1/2 ozs) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
3/4 cup milk
2 cups cubed, cooked turkey
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup whole baby carrots, cooked
1 tube (12 ozs) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through.

Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden.

I mixed up everything in a large saucepan and then poured it into a well greased 9x13 pan.


I placed the biscuits on top.


The final product, yummy.


Other changes were that I used regular carrots which I peeled and chopped up before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment