Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blueberry Buckle

In continuing with the freezer diving cookbook theme I made some blueberry buckle.I had actually been looking for enough blueberries to make a pie for dessert. While I did not have enough for a pie I did have enough for this.

I have been making blueberry or apple buckle for years but this time I tried a new recipe and it was so very good!



Blueberry Buckle

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar, divided
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups flour, divided
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter.

*Beat 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating mixture well. Add egg and beat well.

*Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.

*Pour batter into a greased 8x8 inch pan. Top with blueberries.

*Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle crumb topping evenly over blueberries.

*Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.



I did not have fresh blueberries, but I did have frozen ones which I used for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment