Thursday, February 10, 2011

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops



So the other night I pulled some pork chops out the the freezer. I looked in 4 cookbooks before I found this recipe. One of the four was The French Chef by Julia Child but I was not ready to plunge into French cooking after work one night.

Anyway, the pork chops I had were not boneless but still worked fine. I used onion because I always have those in the house. The only thing I would have changed was to make more of the balsamic glaze. It was really good but I did not think there was enough for the 3 pork chops that I cooked.

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops

8 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tblsp olive oil
3 tblsp finely chopped shallot or onion
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

Pat pork dry with paper towels. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In non-stick
12" skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork 4 minutes on one side; turn and cook 3 more minutes. Transfer pork to platter and keep warm.

Increase heat to high. Stir shallot or onion into pan juices; cook 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar and cook 1 minute longer. Pour sauce over pork.

Makes 4 main-dish servings.


1 comment:

  1. Seems a bit long to cook those thin pork chops. How did they turn out, temperature wise?

    ReplyDelete