Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Symphony at Chetola

Every year we have been together Richard and I head to Blowing Rock for "The Symphony at Chetola". We have a wonderful time seeing friends and enjoying the music and fireworks. This year however Richard could not attend with me,,,,(huge sigh) but I did my best to have a wonderful time.


Below is our table which is our little red wagon with a folding top on it. This was during the cocktails and appetizer portion of the evening.



Here is Debra and her husband toasting Richard,,,


Peggy saying "Hi Richard"


This year there were 5 minute hot air balloon rides.


But after a few minutes we all started digging into all the food. We had deviled eggs, guacamole, grilled shrimp with sausage, cheese, some wontons and pickles. Stella made a killer relish tray with pickled carrots, asparagus, huge martini olives, artichoke hearts and marinated mushrooms with garlic and black olives. As I said this was just the appetizers.



Our good friends Harry and Melanie were able to join us this year and I am pretty sure that they will be back next year.


Here is a group shot with the balloons in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment