Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chorizo Lentil Stew

Since my ex bought so much Chorizo I am still looking for ways to use it all up. This time of the year I enjoy soups for lunch so when I found this recipe I was a happy camper. I found this on TastyKitchen.com


Ingredients:
1 pound Chorizo
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 can (15oz) Cannellini beans, drained
1 can (15 oz) fire roasted, diced tomatoes
1 cup dried lentils
2 cups chicken stock
6 cups chopped, fresh spinach
crumbled goat cheese for garnish

Directions:
In a big pot, brown the Chorizo in a little bit of vegetable oil, stirring constantly until almost done, about 5-7 minutes**. Add in the Canellini beads, tomatoes, lentils and chicken stock. Stir until well combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft and tender. Remove from heat, stir in the spinach; cover and let sit for about 5 minutes or until the spinach wilts.

Garnish with the crumbled goat cheese.

**Note: after browning the Chorizo there was so much grease in the pan I removed the Chorizo to some paper towels and drained off all the drippings except for about a teaspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment